Hercules Sealing Products Canada – TECHNICAL MANAGER
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who adapts well to change and enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment. This key position will be based in our Barrie, ON facility, reporting directly to the General Manager. You will be responsible for technical and design support, quality assurance, documentation, sourcing, application engineering, reverse engineering, technical training support, and preparing / tracking quotations. This individual must be willing to take initiatives without supervision to develop and refine technical programs needed to support our growing business. He / she must have strong communication skills since they will interact directly with our sales and purchasing groups, as well as vendors, customers and other members of the Hercules Fluid Power Group, which will require occasional site visits. The position will grow with the company, requiring a flexible and energetic person that wants to grow.
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview beginning Tuesday, February 25, 2020
• Quality Assurance – Maintain and refine (where needed) our ISO 9001-2015 program.
• Implement and maintain QA / inspection procedures to assure consistent high quality
• Reverse Engineering – Utilize sophisicated measuring equipment to identify and quote based on samples
• Application Engineering – design sealing solutions to suit application parameters provided by the customer
• CAD drawings – create CAD drawings of sealing devices that can be used for proposals, quotations, and quality assurance
• Quotations – implement and maintain a quotation system that includes internal communication, tracking and follow-up.
• Sourcing – establish qualified sources for products
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the General Manager
• Degree in chemical or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or equivalent.
• Two or more years of relevant work experience in an industrial environment, ideally working with plastics and/or rubbers.
• Reliable, organized, focused, motivated.
• Should be self-starter and require little or no supervision.
• Strong IT skills, including high proficiency with Excel or equivalent.
• Must have the ability to create and interpret CAD drawings
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Experience working with sophisticated measuring devices
• Good problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
Full benefit coverage – medical, dental, vision, life
RPP with company match